A 70 year old bottle for a birthday gift? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

A 70 year old bottle for a birthday gift?

Looking for advice from those better versed in vintage wines. My father is turning 70 and is a big wine enthusiast, I was looking for a gift for him a little above the ordinary “nice bottle of wine.” I was looking to see if there’s a feasible option for a 70 year old bottle of wine (year 1949). I found a UK website with several options, most reasonably price around $400 is a 1949 bottle of Fattoria San Lio - Cantine Verdi. I wanted an opinion if this would be a good gift or if the idea is outlandish given the age of the wine. Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments