Interested in becoming a sommelier. What is the first book I should buy to prepare for the road ahead? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Interested in becoming a sommelier. What is the first book I should buy to prepare for the road ahead?
 I have an intermediate knowledge of wine. Grape varietals, tasting notes and the practice of tasting, food pairings, I can distinguish a (typical) Pinot noir from a cab and a Pinot Gris from a Chardonnay, etc. I don’t need slick bright pages like a coffee table book, I need the real deal. The thing I will lug around on the bus and train and rain and tattoo my ideas into. What is the best book for someone like me? 





Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments