First Wines - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

First Wines

Hello Wine Pals!

I'm looking to get into the importing business. I'm still in the very beginning stages of getting this business off the ground, pretty much just idea's at this point. What I'm wondering is how new importers find their first wines to bring in. Do they hit trade events and conferences ? Go to wine regions and scope out the lay of the land? Every resource I've sought out has basically started from the point of already knowing and having the deals done to bring in the wine. What does a basic deal with a winery look like? I'm looking for this information so I can get a better grasp on what my starting costs might be and how much money I'll need to spend to find the wines I want to import.

Anything helps!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments