Question coming from a non-wine drinker! What does aged wine taste like? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Question coming from a non-wine drinker! What does aged wine taste like?

Super hard question, I know! I’m a writer in a college class and I’m trying to describe the taste of wine for a scene in the story. I’m sure the easiest way to answer this would be to DRINK THE WINE, but I figured I’d ask for some help anyway.

The wine in the scene is specifically aged 40 years. It’s supposed to be an expensive vintage served in a high-class NYC Steakhouse. I wrote the scene originally describing the wine is pungent and bitter, but my professor said it wouldn’t taste like that at all. So how would you describe the type of wine I have?

Red wine, to be specific.

Thanks in advance!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments