Winery wine clubs with good value (e.g. Monte Bello futures) - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Winery wine clubs with good value (e.g. Monte Bello futures)

Hello folks,

Now that I have finally finished my studies and make good money, I'm thinking of subscribing to Ridge Monte Bello futures and maybe adding one more to celebrate. I know the rule of thumb is to taste different wines and subscribe to what you like but it's kind of hard to try them all.

Can you guys recommend any winery wine clubs that provide great value in the range of $100-200 a bottle? I'm looking for a wine club that not only tastes great but also sell lower than retail price like MB futures. I did some research and seems like people like Rivers-Marrie, Continuum, Heitz, etc. Maybe I should subscribe to pinot wine clubs since Monte Bello is Cab? I'd like to collect some fine wine to open them on occasion.

Over the years I drank lots of wines but to be honest, I don't remember what I liked. Reason being that they are too many of them and they no longer sell them when I return to the shop. I remember I was blown away when I visited Opus One and tried a glass but it's too expensive for me and I know you guys also think it's overpriced. I also liked the VSJ Chorum Red but can't find them anywhere nearby.

I'm also thinking of also subscribing to another wine club for daily consumption. Thinking of choosing from Kermit Lynch, K&L, and SommSelect. Any opinions on this as well?

Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments