Looking for some "Housewine" - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Looking for some "Housewine"

Dear wine fellas,

I am already following this space for some time and now thought it's time to say Hello!

I would still categorize myself still as a wine "beginner" even though I had the chance to visit some nice wineries within Europe already.

As the title already reveals, I am looking together with my spouse to hook up on some nice housewine and would like to receive some tips from you if you have something handy in place!

My definition of housewine is a easy day-to-day drinkable wine where you don't have to spend much time thinking about opening the bottle and just do it! The price range we are aiming for is between $6-12.

White: should be dry, light, not too fruity and not too much acidity. Maybe a Silvaner or a Sauvignon Blanc from UBY?

Red: fruity, rich flavors, not too complex and not to much tannins. Primitivo / Garnacha or Frühburgunder?

Looking forward on your ideas!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments