Newbie Here: Cost Versus Quality Reccomendations - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Newbie Here: Cost Versus Quality Reccomendations
 Howdy Redditors! This Saturday (April 4) will be my 21st birthday! I haven’t ever had my own drink and I have only ever occasionally had sips of my parents wine, and the one time I accidentally mistook a root beer (soda) in a glass bottle with a root beer (alcohol). I’m trying to figure out what I should buy to try out, as I’ve always been interested in wine and admittedly I’ve already bought both red and white wine glasses. Now, I’ve been looking online at my local Walmart, H-E-B, Target, and I also have a Spec’s and Twin Liquors. Once you get to a certain cost point do wines taste (relatively) the same? Like I’m trying to figure that out and there’s not really a good alcohol review place where I can really search up. I tried looking at the under $20 list and is that typically standard that you pay for like ~$15 per bottle? I’m a college student and I want to try lots of different kinds but I don’t want to spend that much on a bottle of something I don’t know whether or not I’ll like. Do you guys have any good cheaper recommendations? Thanks! 





Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments