Court of Master Sommeliers (US) suspends all events through May 31 - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Court of Master Sommeliers (US) suspends all events through May 31

Since I'm studying for level II right now I've been checking their website daily to see if my June exam is going to be canceled/postponed. I keep telling myself that it will be fine, and that I'll be able to wear my level II pin later this year, but I know that deep down my NYC exam is going to be canceled because who the **** is going to travel to NYC to let 50+ aspiring somms break social distancing so that they can be prepared for a job that doesn't exist in the tri-state area.

Sorry, I'm just bummed, but I've copied the text from their website below. I'll go back to burying my face in Robinson's wine atlas for another few hours.

-----------------------------------

CMS-A Programming Update - Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)

We are continuing to closely monitor global, state and local efforts to minimize the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). To best protect the health and safety of our students, candidates, and Master Sommeliers, and in light of many organizations, businesses, schools and governments’ recent decisions to refrain from in-person gatherings for the next several weeks, we have decided to suspend all programming through May 31.

We want to accommodate our candidates as best as we can as this situation evolves. It is our intent to reschedule programs for later this year, but at this time we do not know if we will be able to do so. We appreciate your patience and understanding. Affected candidates will have the option of transferring to another program later in the year or receiving a full refund.

We will continue to monitor the situation closely and will make informed decisions about programming scheduled after May 31, 2020 in the coming weeks. 

For more information about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control’s website (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html) or your state or local health authority.

Update 4/30/2020






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments