Enjoying some Veuve Clicquot Brut this evening, looking for other champagne recommendations - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Enjoying some Veuve Clicquot Brut this evening, looking for other champagne recommendations

So far I have had Veuve Clicquot, Moët and Nicolas Feuillatte (all white Brut). I am interested in trying some more. I like the (to me) faint grape taste/aroma of the Clicquot which reminds me of grapes on the vine. It's very pleasant. I don't have a limitless budget but I might be interest in trying a vintage - how do they compare? I notice champagnes quickly get up into the $200, $300 range which is really more than I would spend at this point (maybe for a special occasion) but what do you get for that price?

In another thread Alsatian sparkling was recommended, would I be just as well off putting money toward the more premium end of that selection?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments