Question for Industry workers - Industry discounts at wineries - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Question for Industry workers - Industry discounts at wineries

Hi!

Hoping for some insights about “industry discounts.” I spend a lot of time at wineries through the West Coast. I often see people get industry tastings, and industry discounts. My question isn’t so much about a free tasting as I virtually always get it waived as I purchase, but more-so about the discounts.

Are these typically just for people who work at other wineries? The reason I ask is I am a director for a major wine product manufacturer, and our products are only for the wine industry, and various wineries to sell our product that they might through our resellers.
Are discounts usually extended to companies like this? For example, if you work at a winery, and someone who works for Coravin comes in, would they get an industry hookup?

Thanks for any insight.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments