Suggestion on 2019 brdeaux futures? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Suggestion on 2019 brdeaux futures?

So i'm going to dip my toes in the bordeaux game ( not for investing but for taste)

I already picked up the following just on tasting notes from my local wine store

CHATEAU CAPBERN (ST. ESTEPHE)

CHAPELLE DE LA MISSION HAUT-BRION (PESSAC-LEOGNAN)

I asked my "guy" at the local wine store for some reccomendations. Matt if you're on here .. Hello!

He suggested these as overperformers I'd like your input if possible, but i take his reccomendations highly

I do have a storage basement ( dark, below grade and far from me that I wont have the temptation to pull it out after a couple drinks in me)

I asterisked the ones that caught my eye, again any insight is appreciated. I "might" keep the higher than budget ones for resale potentially... might but doubt it.

Budget focused

Chasse Spleen-Haut Medoc-$28.99 

****Poujeaux-Moulis en Medoc-$25.99  

Lanessan-Haut Medoc-$14.99  

****Meyney, St. Estephe-$27.99 

**** Potensac, Medoc-$22.99  ( I had the 2010 which i bought for $ 20 a bottle and I loved it. )

Higher than budget

D'Issan-Margaux-$49.99  -

Talbot, St. Estephe-$47.99 

Clos du Marquis, St. Julien-$46.99 

****Pagodes de Cos, St. Estephe-$42.99   

****Reserve de la Comtesse, Pauillac-$38.99  

Pavie Macquin, Pomerol-$65.99  -

Over budget  

Montrose, St. Estephe $133

Pape-Clement, Pessac-Leognan $80






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments