What are 3-4 bottles that would help someone interested in wine dip their toes in? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

What are 3-4 bottles that would help someone interested in wine dip their toes in?

I'm looking for a few bottles that would offer a well-rounded intro into the world of wine. I read the FAQ and am, admittedly, a little overwhelmed so I thought I'd get some takes on what a good few would be. I know it's probably a difficult question and there's no way anyone can be properly introduced to such a vast hobby with 4 bottles but give it your best shot. This idea is for a gift, and she doesn't have much knowledge of wine before besides the fact that she likes pinot noir/sometimes rose.

Normally I would just go to a store and ask the people working there, but I'm trying to go out as little as possible with the recent spikes in the US. Thank you!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments