Looking for suggestions for a 60th birthday, maybe 1960 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Looking for suggestions for a 60th birthday, maybe 1960 Chateau Lafite Rothschild.

Hey all! My dad is turning 60 this year. He was born in 1960, and we had big plans to go to Scotland and do many scotch tastings. Unfortunately that won’t happen now. So i’m on to plan B. My dad and I are big winos and he is a big Bordeaux fan. I thought it might be fun to get him an interesting bottle instead. Something he and I can share together. I was thinking a 1960 bottle of Chateau Lafite Rothschild but am open to other suggestions. I’d be willing to spend up to 500 maybe 600 for a bottle. As said my dad is a big fan of Bordeaux, Burgandy, Cab Sauvs and Pinot Noirs. Wish se were still doing Scotland but thats alright! Thank you!

Edit: Any great place to acquire such a bottle would also be appreciated!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments