Why do all natural wines taste like hay to me? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Why do all natural wines taste like hay to me?

It seems like every bottle of red wine I pick up from this natural focused shop tastes like hay on the finish. Whether it’s Italian, French, or Spanish, it’s all fucking hay. Right now I’m drinking an Italian, it’s a 2018 RaphaĆ«l Passerina del Frusinate IGT described as a bigger wine - it literally just tastes like hay on the finish. There isn’t a lot of fruit on the nose. Am I crazy? Is this corked? Do these stupid stores take shitty care of their inventory???






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments