Please help me develop my palate - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Please help me develop my palate

Hi everyone. So I'm hoping to take one of the first step towards learning about wine and would like some feedback and advice. I would like to pursue my WSET level 1 some time in the next year, but before then I was hoping for recommendations on the typical wine varieties that are encountered.

For example, my plan is to try and acquire bottles of a Cabernet, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigio, Merlot etc. but I'd like to get bottles that are known as being a good standard for the grape variety in question, so that moving forward I have a baseline of what each respective wine ought to taste like. I'm aiming for bottles that don't excel past $20-$30 a bottle.

So let me know if this is a good approach to take and what kinds of wines I should be looking for. Apologies ahead of time if something similar has been posted or if there are resources here already that I can be pointed to. Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments