Eurocave Large capacity fridge: Bent frame - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Eurocave Large capacity fridge: Bent frame

Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster in this subreddit.

I'm in the market for a new large capacity (100+ bottles) fridge. The one I have is Eurocave. The fridge never broke on me, but to my dismay almost all the shelves are "broken" now, i.e. I need to put a lot of force to pull one out and the connector to the unit itself on the frame is almost certainly bent. This is true for almost all 10 racks.

I only put 1 layer of wine per shelf so I don't think I'm over-weighing down each rack, but all the racks are bent now.

I wonder:

  1. Anyone else experienced this "bent frame" issue where it almost seems like each rack is going to collapse and it's super hard to pull out/push in the frames?
  2. What other brands around the same price range would you recommend that's known to be sturdy?

Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments