Looking for some career advice - currently working as a sales rep for distributor - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Looking for some career advice - currently working as a sales rep for distributor

Thank you in advance to anyone who takes the time to offer some advice. I am in my late 20s and am currently working for a large wine and spirits distributor. I am not looking to make an immediate move but I am sort of wondering what could be next.

I am on the retail-side of my company where I am selling mainly to grocers. Sometimes I feel more like a stock clerk rather than a professional sales person. This is something I underestimated and is my least favorite part of the job.

I think the end goal, like most, is to work for a supplier. Does anyone have any insight on best ways to continue to gain experience in my current role in order to make myself more appealing to suppliers?

Also, any other routes that may leverage my professional and more analytic sales experience rather than stocking shelves? I enjoy a teaching/consulting/professional sales environment. Once again, thank you.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments