Searching - AOC Champagne that doesn't measure up. I'm looking for the worst aoc champagne - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Searching - AOC Champagne that doesn't measure up. I'm looking for the worst aoc champagne

Hi Buds,

I'm preparing an article about shopping for champagne, highlighting the idea that, it's actually simple, so long as the wine is actually aoc champagne. The idea is, the rigid laws and standards for production do a better job of protecting the minimum bar in this appelation than anywhere in the world. So while we may all roll our eyes at Veuve, we still would enjoy a glass of it, if offered.

So far, I have found that Costco has made an AOC champagne in their house label of Kirkland. My buddy that told me about it says the bottle is shaped like Ruinart, which is distinctively recognizable. The other I was told about is always available at Trader Joe's, and it's called Champagne Marques.

If you can think of others, please share. If you have ideas/theories/info on how these producers are able to eek by with a sub par quality example of aoc champagne, please share.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments