Montrachet producer advice - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Montrachet producer advice

Over the last few months I've been giving myself an introduction to white Burgundy, and have mostly been keeping to the Maconnais or occasionally Chablis in the interest of sticking to the entry-level. For Christmas my in-laws gave me some money with explicit instructions to get myself something from Beaune, so now I'm looking at village level and 1er Montrachet.

The more research I do the more I see everyone strongly recommending buying based on producer rather than location, but since I'm new to this I'm finding a hard time finding much information other than the biggest names. On top of that, I'm in British Columbia so selection is limited.

Between government stores and local private stores, the producers I'm seeing are:

Philippe Colin

Morey Coffinet

Marc Morey

Pascal Clement

Between these, which would you recommend? Or if anyone is local to Vancouver and has a very specific recommendation from a local store that would be awesome.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments