$200 to spend on wine - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

$200 to spend on wine

Hello

Guessing you guys get loads of posts from wine beginners looking where to start, so apologies in advance - but hopefully there is a bit of a unique twist with my request

I recently received a gift card to spend on wine - approx $200 (I don’t live in the US). It is enough to get 7/8 bottles of decent wine in my country

Not exactly sure how I want to use it, but would like to do something interesting with it.

I mostly enjoy full bodied reds. I nearly always buy Rioja.

Some of my ideas are below, but the wine world is a bit overwhelming!

  • a selection from different regions
  • get all from one or two region
  • get just two or three v. good wines from the expensive French regions

So, how would you advise a relative wine newbie to spend $200?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments