Apothic red wine not acting as I was educated about. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Apothic red wine not acting as I was educated about.

Hello I'm currently very confused. I purchased this 2018 apothic rich and smooth red wine sometime at the end of November 2018 on a friend's recommendation that I try wine. I decided I didn't like the flavor because it just kinda tasted off so I recorked it and put it in the fridge. I thought wines where supposed to start kinda going bad in flavour once you opened them and so you had like 2 weeks to actually consume them before the flavor went off. So now while cleaning the fridge I've decided to empty it out and get rid of it so I pulled the cork again and gave it a sniff and it smelled all right so I gave it a sip and it tasted a lot sweeter and kinda nicer. Does wine actually go off or have my taste buds matured(not sure if right word?)? I'm kinda just confused about the wine at this point but it taste good so I'm drinking it.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments