Help --- Vinctec Wine fridge queries and questions - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Help --- Vinctec Wine fridge queries and questions

I am just getting back into driking wine and wanted to get a wine fridge to ensure temp control. I live in Australia and temps here flactuate from -2C overnight in winter to above 40C in summer during the day. I am renting for now as my apartment is in a city I do not see myself living in, but I will sell and buy a house at somepoint (probably in 5years or so).

I don't have a huge budget but I am also only after something to maintain mid range wines and a few more expensive bottles. I drink champagne/sparkling, white and red. I am tossing up between bitting the bullet and spending more than I ideally would like and buying a 50 bottle dual vintec system (@$2200AUD). This would probably meet all my needs in one system unless I really start collecting. However, there is also the idea to purchase 2x35 bottle single zone vintecs ($1600AUD). I have also thought about just purchasing a single 35 bottle system ($800AUD) for reds as I drink less white or they dont last that long in my house and could probably be stored in the regular fridge (?). I can then upgrade my capacity later etc. My thinking is that with two smaller fridges, the capacity is more (75) and would offer different temps, and it would also be cheaper than the dual 50 bottle single fridge. The downside is that it would be bulkier, but there is also flexiblity to have each single fridge in a different space if needed.

I would like to hear everyones opinions on dual zone fridges? Is the idea of getting two smaller capacity fridges a good idea?

I am a complete newbie to wine fridges so any advice or pointers would be appreciated too.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments