Secret wine list in a restaurant - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Secret wine list in a restaurant

Hi everyone

I would like your opinions.

The case: My family owns a (seafood only) restaurant where we serve 30-40 known wines(Bouchard Pere et fils, Pascal Jolivet, Leon Beyer, Fèvre, Minuty etc etc) that need to sell themselves as we don’t have a sommelier to guide every table.

My menu is already pretty stacked, but I want to add some more specials that I really like but aren’t known to the grossomodo but connaisseurs know them ( Think Mas de Daumas, Dagueneau, Domaine Trevallon, Chateau Simone)

What is an original way to have a footnote or a hint that this extra menu is available.

Sidenote: the restaurant is very accesible and not high society only, there’s not a mas tu vue culture.

Note: I’m not a sommelier but I have an above average knowledge and quite some passion.

Thanks for your opinions.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments