I use leftover wine for Sangria. Anyone else do the same? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

I use leftover wine for Sangria. Anyone else do the same?

I often will have 1/3 or 1/4 of a bottle leftover when I'm drinking more reasonably priced, daily driver stuff. That pesky bit leftover can be tricky because it never tastes the same the next day and I'm too lazy to use argon. So I pop the remaining wine in the fridge. Once I have 4-6 bottles stockpiled, I mix them all together (whites and reds all together) with different fresh fruits, a simple syrup, and serve my Sangria like concoction on the rocks with a couple cinnamon sticks.

I feel that my approach is more smart than sacrilege. Anyone else do the same?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments