Wine novice looking for advice. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Wine novice looking for advice.

I've been given a WSET 2 course by my employer and I'm really excited to learn more about wine. I've nearly finished the material they've sent through, but I feel like there's no substitute for practice.

The awkward thing here is that I basically don't drink. When I was younger I went a little too hard so I've been pretty much tee total for about 5 years now. That said, I have had a few days out of retirement over those years and I don't have any concerns about falling back into old habits. I drank a bunch of wine when I was drinking heavily but never really thought much about it. I think I could pick out a Marlborough Sauvignon and that's about it.

Reading about it has made me super excited to mindfully taste some good wines and I'd like to know what you'd recommend buying to get comfortable with looking for tasting notes. From my learning material, they've really sold Puligny Montrachet and cabernet sauvignons of Bordeaux. Unfortunately, I will never be a regular drinker of wine, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate it.

Sorry for the text wall, any advice will be hugely appreciated :)






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments