Fairly new professional looking to advance my career - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Fairly new professional looking to advance my career

Hey all, new to the sub (well, to reddit in general) and seeing all the conversations and postings has really inspired me to keep growing. I worked for 2 years as an assistant winemaker, have worked several tasting rooms and bars, and currently run a grocery store wine shop, but I really miss being in production. I just took my WSET3 exam a few weeks ago and I'm waiting to get results but I'm pretty confident I passed.

As much as I absolutely love having my own wine shop, I'm getting really tired of grocery. Particularly with how awful the general public has gotten in the last 2 years. I would love to get back into production, or to be a wine buyer for a restaurant or bottle shop, even just as a consultant, but I'm not really sure where to start on any of that. Does anyone have any advice/experience they can provide to help me reach the next stage of my career? Thank you in advance.

Located in Spokane, WA, and tied to the area for now, otherwise I'd be in Walla Walla.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments