Food pairings for Riesling that aren't all spicy - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Food pairings for Riesling that aren't all spicy

For a family get-together this summer, I am running a Riesling wine tasting. My wife and I will be pairing four Rieslings from New York, Washington, Germany, and California with small plates for a long tasting and dinner. Here's what I've got planned:

Herman Wiemer Dry, NY
Three Rivers Bacchus Vineyard, WA
Dr Heidemanns Bernkastel Spatlese, GR
Eos Tears of Dew dessert, CA

Now, nearly every Riesling pairing suggestion is "spicy food!", but we ain't going to do that for every plate, and my family doesn't like spicy food much anyway. What other options can you suggest? We're open to hearing both general foods and specific plates. My wife cooks like the second coming of Julia Child and could get Gandhi to break a fast, so go crazy if you have any ideas.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments