Recommend a dry red from Total Wine in the $8-10 range? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Recommend a dry red from Total Wine in the $8-10 range?

Looking for tips on a good cheap red from Total Wine. I have become obsessed with Total Wine based on their beer, liquor, and cigar offerings, but ironically the one area I haven't had good luck yet is with their wine -- and their employees are not helpful, which makes it hard to find good wine. I have gotten spoiled by Trader Joe's, where I am consistently pleased with sub-10 dollar bottles of wine. I typically like very dry reds that have a bit of earthiness or acidity. I dislike reds that taste overly "smooth." Here are two from Trader Joe's that I buy frequently:

https://www.vivino.com/badet-clement-pontificis-red-blend/w/1170296

https://www.vivino.com/laurent-dublanc-tradition-et-terroir-cotes-du-rhone-cotes-du-rhone/w/2457035

Anything comparable at Total Wine? Or recommendations generally about regions I should target? If it makes a difference, I am located in New Orleans.

Thank you!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments