Storage question for wine newbie - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Storage question for wine newbie

My current residence does not have a wine cooler and the air conditioning only runs while I am home. It's been super, super hot lately so the house can get really warm when i'm gone. I understand the main fridge isn't a good place to store opened wine. I have a temperature controlled fridge that is currently sitting at 40F. If I bring that temp up to about 45F and store the open wine bottle in the fridge would you say that is my best bet? I do have a basement but it's like a sauna down there.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments