Chateau Musar Vintages - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Chateau Musar Vintages

Hi Everyone! After reading so many tasting notes and comments here about Musar, I’m heading to my local wine shop to purchase a few vintages. They have 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2006, and 2013. Ideally, I’d like to stick to 3 or 4 bottles to stay within budget. Are there any vintages from this lot that I should avoid? Conversely, are there 3 or 4 that I must absolutely buy? I’ve read there’s a lot of bottle variation between vintages. The goal is to drink these in a few weeks at a dinner party, so I’m assuming all of these vintages are ready to drink now, except perhaps the 2013.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments