Help me make sense of this 2009 d'Yquem - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Help me make sense of this 2009 d'Yquem

https://www.wine-searcher.com/find/d+yquem+sauternes+bordeaux+france/2009/usa-nv-y

I'm struggling to understand it, but here's what I think is going on. The winery d'Yquem is still sitting on bottles to sell and those are the cheaper "pre arrival" bottles being sold through winebid and vinfolio etc.

But further down resellers are selling those bottles for what looks like about 30% markup.

Is that about right or totally wrong?

I stumbled upon it while trying to better understand futures, and a 2009 d'Yquem future came up but was sold out at a higher price than what's on wine-searcher.com






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments