Ready to turn my passion of wine into work. Sales, particularly. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Ready to turn my passion of wine into work. Sales, particularly.

I’m not a budding viticulturist nor a sommelier hopeful, though those are wonderful areas of expertise. I am more a middle-aged, longtime showbiz guy working in the administrative spaces in studio lots in LA and I need to jump ship. Prior to COVID, I started pushing through levels at WSET (Level 2) to get some paper power behind all the bottles I drink.

It seems the only entry-level way to get into wine sales for any wineries or importers, is by shlepping cases around town to supermarkets and liquor stores. That’s OK, Im willing to bust some ass to get started.

Is this similar to how you got going?

Ive heard Gallo has a training program for newbies. Any other wineries that open themselves up to upstarts in this fashion?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments