1982 Silver Oak - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

1982 Silver Oak

Hey gang,

I have a 1.5L 1982 Silver Oak Bonny’s Vineyard, and I’m trying to figure out what do to with it. I had half a thought to use the Coravin on it and see if it’s still any good, but I’m a bit hesitant because it’s obviously an older cork.

Alternatively, I’ve thought about letting it go at auction, but I don’t want to miss out on a potential brilliant bottle.

TLDR; Does anyone have any experience with early vintage Silver Oak, specifically Bonny’s vineyard? And does anyone have any experience using the Coravin on 80’s vintage corks/bottles?

Thanks!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments

  1. Yes, reach out and I'm happy to share our recent tasting notes. My favorite Bonny's to drink right now are 1982, 1985, 1987 & 1991. mduncan@silveroak.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment