Champagne advice - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Champagne advice

Hi all, I like to follow along here but I don't participate very much because I'm still learning about wine! But, I'm hoping you all could help me decide on a bottle of champagne. I've gotten really into champagne over the past couple years, and I usually splurge on a bottle when I achieve something I'm proud of.

I'm about to (hopefully 😬) achieve a life long dream of finishing my pilot's license in a few weeks. I want to celebrate with something really really good, bc this has been an insane amount of work. If price were (more or less) not an issue, and I were willing to order online if that makes a difference (otherwise I'm limited to pretty much what Total Wine has in stock), what would you recommend?

My favorite champagne I've had so far was probably Krug Grand Cuvee, and in terms of stuff I drink more regularly, I've liked Domaine Carneros Brut. I like Veuve but lately I'm thinking maybe it's a little TOO crisp for what I'm going for. I had Billecart Salmon Brut Rose once and thought it was fine but not worth the price.

I hope that info helps - thanks for any ideas!!






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments