Recommendations for Italian white wine - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Recommendations for Italian white wine

TL;DR: What are some good fruit forward Italian white wines that are less than $30?

I'm a pretty avid home cook but haven't really ventured into Italian cooking too much. I've mainly done the big roman pasta dishes like carbonara, cacio e pepe, and alla gricia. I've recently found Genarro Contaldo on youtube and have been binging his videos since because he's the warmest soul I've ever seen. I've noticed that he mainly uses white wine with his pasta dishes since they are relatively light compared to, for example, french dishes which use a lot of red wine. I know sliiightly more about wine that the average person but compared to you all, I know nothing. I know even less about Italian wine. Could someone give me a rundown on what's special about them and some of your favorite bottles? I generally stay away from very dry varieties and prefer fruit forward wines.

My price range is around $30 or less. I'm not a daily wine drinker so this would be mainly for the dish itself and even that is a very quick thing to make so I think spending much more that would be wasted money, especially on someone like me.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments