Building a wine cellar - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Building a wine cellar

Hello all, I’m an architectural carpenter working on designs for a wine cellar. The issue I am running into is that I the home has a 1/2 basement with two walls that are existing brick foundations. Everywhere I’ve read says to place a vapor barrier and build a new wall.

My client would like to keep the brick exposed. So exposing the brick without a vapor barrier, how to do manage the space for a proper cellar. Do you/ can the temp and moisture elements maintain the space?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments