How much do you need to spend to find mindblowing wine? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

How much do you need to spend to find mindblowing wine?

Ive had the fortune to work at Italian and French fine dining places, and have had tastes of many different impressive wines. I am rarely very impressed. And when I am, the wine costs hundreds of dollars. Is that just wine?

Love brunello. 50+ at the store. Never had a Chianti live up.

Young Bordeaux tastes like dirt.

Generic burgundy is boring as fuck.

Love chassagne and puligny with age but what comes close?

90s CnP is great. Young stuff is fine. Gigondas that I get at the store is …fine.

What do I look for that will blow my mind for 20-30-40-50 bucks?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments