Help me picking a nice gift - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Help me picking a nice gift

I am friends with a chef (Red Seal and all that). I told him I am heading to Madeira in January and asked me whether "Would you be open to bringing back a bottle of Madiera for me when you're there?" and linked this as an example. The thing is: I don't want to buy a 40 dollar wine for this guy. That's just cheap. A few hundreds is what I'd like to spend, especially because he just had a daughter born and that also calls for celebration (even if two months late). I am planning on buying this to protect the bottle in the suitcase and wrap it anyways super carefully.

However, I know nothing about wines. I never drink alcohol. Help me out , please.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments