Reasonable Corkage Fees in NYC (Manhattan)? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Reasonable Corkage Fees in NYC (Manhattan)?

Most of the corkage discussions on this subreddit are pre-pandemic, so I wanted to open this back up.

I've collected a few bottles in the $50-$100 range that I'd like to drink with a nice meal, without having to make it myself in my tiny apartment. I've called around to a bunch of my favorite mid-tier restaurants (~$25-$40 entrees) and the corkage fees I'm being quoted are $40-$50 ($75 for a magnum!).

Is this the norm now? I was quite surprised to see them this high - these places have bottles on their menu starting at $35 so I was a little surprised that they'd charge me even more than that to bring my own.

Happy to hear your recommendations or be told that I'm being ignorant about what to expect here. :)






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments