I’m trying to understand the point of wine collecting. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

I’m trying to understand the point of wine collecting.

I’ve recently began drinking wine for enjoyment. I’m really getting into and like it a lot with meals and such.

So I’m googling how to start a wine collection. Many different sites often mention that when you find a bottle that you wish to collect, buy six to a case of the bottle. Then it suggest immediately drinking a single bottle and then a bottle of the wine every 9 months or so.

Wouldn’t you run through your supply of wine pretty quickly. I mean aren’t you suppose to let a bottle age for years and years. If you buy six bottles, drink a bottle immediately and again every nine months, that supply of wine wouldn’t really have a chance to age, would it?

So are we collecting to enjoy in a relatively short term, a few years or so, or for the very long term, over a decade?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments