UK based, would love some recommendations on good wines to try. - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

UK based, would love some recommendations on good wines to try.

Hello, I’m a wine drinker and enjoyer from the UK but I know very little descriptively about wine or historically etc.

I’m getting there with what I like and don’t etc, prefer fuller bodied richer flavoured deep red wines like Argentinian Malbec, Sangiovese etc, when I try a lot of store bought wines many can seem rather insipid, especially french and Pinot noir, but I’m wondering if that’s just down to not having tried a good selection, which skews my opinion of certain grapes.

Basically I’d just love a few of you to give me some recommendations of good/fantastic wines you’ve experienced or are hoping to that aren’t crazy expensive, at the moment I usually aim for below £10 a bottle, but as my experience is very much wines found in superstores I wouldn’t know where to go from there.

Personal favourites of go to wines are Diablo Dark Red, DV Catena, Santodeno Sangiovese, but I’d love to be educated.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments