100 point scoring systems - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

100 point scoring systems

So how do I wrap my head around this scoring system when giving my own scores?

I can interpret it when looking at other ratings, plenty of guides online for that to at least categorise what a score means.

I've started using Cellar Tracker and would like to A. rate my wines B. translate the ratings that I have given elsewhere with different systems.

I previously used to just use Vivino's 5 star system, which is quite easy, if not a bit simplistic. I'm also familiar with WSET's Systematic Approach to Tasting (outstanding, very good, etc..).
but how do i change my thinking into 100s? what's the difference between an 89 , 91 or 93?

thanks in advance wine nerds :)






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments