Opinion: Francois Audouze - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Opinion: Francois Audouze

Curious what people think of collectors like Francois. I've been following him and Wine Terminator for awhile now on social media, and I can't help but be skeptical on Audouze belief that these incredibly old wines are still okay. I know he has the "Audouze" method of opening a bottle but it just seems unrealistic that a wine that old could still be okay. Im skeptical that he claims he's only had a handful of corked wines despite opening thousands upon thousands of bottles. I've opened hundreds and had plenty of corked wines.

Perhaps I'm biased though. But I'm just curious what people think, always fun to chat about.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments