Napa recommendations - April 2022 - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Napa recommendations - April 2022

Sorry....I know this topic has been beaten to a pulp on this sub.

I've scoured this sub for the last week looking for Napa Winery recommendations, and I've been really happy with what I've been able to find thus far. And I am now asking for your expertise once again.

My girlfriend and I will be in Napa starting mid-day on Sunday, April 18th into Tuesday morning (~1.5 days total). We are planning on doing an all-day trip on Monday, beginning 9 or 10AM. We have hired a personal driver to drive our rental car through the valley. Plan is to do a total of 3 wineries with a lunch sometime in between (or better yet, at a winery).

I am struggling with the overwhelming amount of amazing selections in Napa Valley. It's difficult to narrow it down to just 3 spots. Here's what I'm looking for:

- Probably aiming to do just one higher-priced tasting ($100-150 pp), one mid-tier tasting ($50-75) and one good-value tasting (<$50 pp)

- Atleast one cave tour (Lead contenders are Schramsberg and Jarvis)

- Atleast one winery with a gorgeous view

- My girlfriend enjoys whites and sparkling, I am pretty strictly a red wine drinker and enjoy my cab savs and merlots

- Any wineries I should avoid? Anything that wasn't worth the visit/the money?

- Some spots I've marked on my list so far: Domaine Carneros, Artesa, Hendry, Matthiasson, Jarvis, Darioush, Elyse, Cakebread, Peju, Frog's leap (will sadly be closed during the 2 days we are there), Del Dotto, V. Sattui, HALL, Schramsberg

We'll be staying at the Andaz in downtown Napa. Any food/bar recommendations in downtown Napa would also be appreciated!

Cheers.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments