Tastings in Franken - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Tastings in Franken

I'm passing through the Franken region in a couple weeks for the first time and hoping do some tastings. Does anyone have any recommendations for producers to visit? And what's the tasting culture like there? E.g., do I need to book a time in advance or can I just pop in?

I've heard of some of the "big names" like Horst Sauer and Hans Wirsching, which I'm not opposed to. But I'd also be interested in visiting something a little more alternative and less corporate.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments