Need help choosing an eiswein - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Need help choosing an eiswein

I am not very familiar with wine as I only drink what is normally recommended to me. However, Irecently discovered eiswein (ice wine) and want to give it a shot.
I went to a wine store near my place (I live in Germany) and unfortunately they do not have it. I started to look it online and saw a lot of varieties. And got kinda confused, which one I should try. (The whole reason I went to a wine store at the beginning, but unfortunately they do not have any)

I know that there is an Austrian/German and Canada eiswein. As I live in Germany, I would like to try the German one.

I did a bit of googling and found that Thomas Rüb Chardonnay Eiswein or Nachtgold Eiswein might be a good option (?)
Can some one help me to tell the difference between them? Or even better, telling me their suggestions or experience with eiswein?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments