Advice on Catena Zapata Wines? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Advice on Catena Zapata Wines?

Hi all, I recently missed a local Catena Zapata tasting and I have been thinking about it ever sense. I have never had their wines but know them by reputation. Here is what I can find about their offerings: -Malbec: their specialty, with the entry level "Catena" at $20 or less. However, it gets expensive quickly from there, and I don't really see a "mid tier" option. The price seems to jump to $80. -chardonnay: it looks like they offer ~4. An entry and a mid under the "catena" name, and then the White Stones and White Bones up around $100. -a cab sav offering. Would be curious about this.

Based on what I've learned, I'm thinking of trying the mid level chardonnay and the entry level malbec (2018 seems like the year to find of the last few). Any other thoughts or advice?






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments