Champagne has been placed by sunny window for 2+ years. Is it ruined? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Champagne has been placed by sunny window for 2+ years. Is it ruined?

I’m not a champagne expert by any means, but over the years I’ve been given some nice bottles (Lanson, verve, Moët) over the years and have been storing them in a slanted wine rack in the kitchen, right in front of the window.

I’ve just discovered that it appears I’ve broken all the rules of champagne storage - changing temperatures, direct sunlight (although only for a few hours a day) and lots of smells.

I’m trying to move furniture around so I can store the bottles somewhere dark, cold and away from changing temperatures, but part of me is wondering if there’s any point now.

How likely is it that these bottles are ruined and only good for the bin? I don’t know how long it takes for them to be ruined.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments