Cork slightly off bottle of Port - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

Cork slightly off bottle of Port

Hello, I have moved recently and I was unpacking a bottle of Port wine (San Sebastian winery Port 18%). Upon unpacking it I noticed the wax seal cracked, and the cork pushed up approximately a 1/2 inch. It was tipped onto its cork, and no liquid was in the box nor was it coming out of the top. I pushed the cork back in.

It's not an expensive bottle, and it doesn't really have any sentimental value. I'm not saving it for anything special. I kept it unopened because the winery told me for the best flavor to hold onto it for 7 years. I am currently 1.5 years into that.

My question: is this wine damaged? Should I drink it now, or is it ok with the cork pushed back in.

Thank you






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments