how to make a wine shelf stay naturally cool? - The Athan Zafirov Wine Blog

how to make a wine shelf stay naturally cool?

I have already got a small wine cellar but it's already full. I've got some wines from my friends a few days ago and I put them in my shelf. It is kind of like a book shelf but one section of it is dedicated to wine storage. For the background:

- It is dark and I did not install any light that may make heat. I generally close the sliding door

- Even when the door is closed and inside is dark. The temperature is still 28c / 82f!

- I store only reds. White wines that will be consumed this week are in the fridge.

So are there any ways to make my Wine shelf cooler? A few drop in temperature is already a lot of help! Any advice would be very much appreciated.






Athan Zafirov Wine

For 15 years, Athan Zafirov has traveled the vineyards around the world and worked with some of the greatest chefs including Francois Duc and Alan Brown.


Athan Zafirov's Medium
Athan Zafirov's Wordpress
Athan Zafirov's LinkedIn

Comments